Northminster is seeking to hire a Part-Time Coordinator for Children and Youth Ministry (8-10 hrs/week). See position description below.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator
The purpose of the Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator is to support and enhance the mission of Northminster Presbyterian Church by providing leadership and administration to the Christian education/faith formation program for ages K-12th grade.
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator will provide vision, organization, and leadership to the educational programs of Northminster Presbyterian Church. This person will be responsible for recruiting and resourcing the teachers and volunteers for the children’s program and will plan and lead the middle school/high school-age program.
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator will report to the Pastor and to the Personnel Committee.
- Help launch a youth ministry program
- Organize and supervise the Sunday School program and curriculum for ages K-High School as well as facilitate the MS and HS youth programs (Sunday School and Sunday worship attendance required)
- Recruit and equip teachers and volunteers for the above mentioned programs
- Empower parents to be involved with the faith development of the children
- Coordinate regularly with the pastor for plans
- Collaborate with leaders in other ministries to promote the integration of our children and youth in all aspects of the church
- Provide clear and up to date communication about children’s ministries on a regular basis via church bulletin, newsletter and email
- Ensure that child and youth safety policies and procedures are followed
- Help promote, organize, and attend weekend and summer youth retreats/conferences (as able)
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator shall be a committed Christian who fully appreciates and endorses the Presbyterian Church (USA) and its theology. The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator should have experience in the field of education, preferably Christian education. The person hired for this position will be vetted through a background check.
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator will work 8-10 hours per week (3 of these hours must be on Sunday morning).